Starbucks® Electric Frother
Suggestions when using your frothier
I am on frothier number 4 and have learned a lot from my experiences that I wish to share.
1. This frothier makes great foam. Be sure to unplug the frothier immediately after every use.
2. When I clean the frothier I use a soft non-abrasive pad and dish soap.
3. Do not immerse the milk frothier pitcher or base in water. The pitcher has a heating element that could short out the next time you put it on the base unit. The off/on switch of the pitcher is very fragile. Cover it with your thumb when you are rinsing the pitcher off. Gently blow on the on/off switch to remove any excess water from underneath the rubber covering.
4. If you do happen to immerse the frothier in water let the water drain through the drain holes.
5. Use a hair dryer to blow the remaining water out of the bottom of the frothier. Use the low heat setting and low blower setting.
6. Wait at least 24 hours before attempting to use the frothier again. When you plug the frothier back in say a little prayer and be sure your electrical outlet is a GFI circuit.
7. And yes, I accidently immersed my frothier in water before I realized what I had done. I followed step numbers 3-6 and my frothier recovered nicely.
8. I purchase my milk at the local grocery store in lieu of using the Starbuck milk pods. I use non-fat milk. I heat the milk in the microware for 4 minutes before pouring it in my starbucks travel mug. I pour the milk froth on top of the mixture.
9. So far, frothier number 4 works a treat. Of course, your mileage may vary. Hope this helps.
June 16, 2013
Love this frother!
I hesitated to buy this after reading some of the reviews regarding it not always working. I am pretty sure the reason some people have had issues is because they do not properly seat the lid on the frother before turning it on. Lid must me pushed down firmly in place or machine will not run. Don't let some of the reviews scare you off...this is a great machine!
I have been completely happy with this frother and have used it everyday since getting it.
June 14, 2013
Love my Frother!
I bought this frother, because the milk pod option on the Verissmo system is horrible. The Verissmo should have had a milk frother attachment... This machine froths the milk beautifully and for the most part it works great. I've had the machine for about 3 months, but on two occasions, I couldn't get it started, when this happens you have to twist the pitcher around the base a few times and ensure the lid is seated properly.
June 12, 2013
Good product in theory
I just bought this product at Bed Bath and Beyond. Worked about 4 times and then I got a flashing red light. Nothing in instructions about this light. Then went to the internet and found countless people with the same problem and no solution. Many people have returned the item, got a replacement and continued to have the same problem.
Also very easy to lose the foaming hoop Just falls off.
Why does Starbucks put their name on a lousy product like this one??
I am planning to return mine and get my money back.
June 12, 2013
fast and easy
easy to use makes perfect froth on the milk. easy to clean. very pleased
May 23, 2013