A complex and full-bodied coffee with citrus and currant flavors.
Tasting Notes Juicy & Complex
Enjoy this with: Sweet crepes and fresh berries on a sunny veranda.
We’ve offered coffee from Kenya for more than 40 years now, and it still amazes us. Big and juicy with complex layers of black currant, fresh blackberry and even tart grapefruit. It’s a refreshing, delicious cup like no other. Kenya has a sparkling crispness that makes it refreshing to drink – especially with ice on a hot summer day.
How to Brew
Recipe for great coffee
- Use cold, filtered water and a clean machine.
- Grind beans just before brewing:
- Coarse for coffee press
- Medium for automatic drip
- Measure 2 tbsp (10 g) ground coffee for every 6 fl oz (180 ml) water.
To help preserve that fresh flavor, keep this bag sealed tight in a cabinet (not in the refrigerator) and brew within a week of opening.
The Starbucks Roast
Each coffee requires slightly different amounts of time and temperature during the roasting process to create a cup at its peak of aroma, acidity, body and flavor. We classify our coffees in three roast profiles so you can easily find your desired flavor and intensity.
- Blonde: Blonde-roasted coffees have a shorter roast time, lighter body and mellow flavors.
- Medium: Medium-roasted coffees are balanced with smooth and rich flavors.
- Dark: Dark-roasted coffees feature a fuller body and robust, bold flavors.