Our darkest roast. Light-bodied and intensely smoky, for a bold start to your day.
Intense & Smoky
Enjoy this with:
A savory onion bagel with cream cheese and lox.
- How to Brew
- The Starbucks Roast
Recipe for great coffee
- Use cold, filtered water and a clean machine.
- Grind beans just before brewing:
- Coarse for coffee press
- Medium for automatic drip
- Measure 2 tbsp (10 g) ground coffee for every 6 fl oz (180 ml) water.
To help preserve that fresh flavor, keep this bag sealed tight in a cabinet (not in the refrigerator) and brew within a week of opening.
Each coffee requires slightly different amounts of time and temperature during the roasting process to create a cup at its peak of aroma, acidity, body and flavor. We classify our coffees in three roast profiles so you can easily find your desired flavor and intensity.
- Blonde: Blonde-roasted coffees have a shorter roast time, lighter body and mellow flavors.
- Medium: Medium-roasted coffees are balanced with smooth and rich flavors.
- Dark: Dark-roasted coffees feature a fuller body and robust, bold flavors.
- Product Details
It’s our darkest and boldest and not for the faint of heart. We start with high-quality beans that can withstand the intense heat that makes French Roast what it is, and we roast them to their edge. The result is a delectably smoky cup, intense and uncompromising.
Available in whole bean or ground coffee.